Saturday 6 February 2016

92. Whole lotta kitties, tea and fireworks!

Heya!

How have you all been? I've been just fine, with school getting in the way of blogging and photographing - again... My exams week is now behind me, and even though studying has been a priority, I've been burning to start writing again! So, here I am!

I was at Aino's yesterday, after such a long time - and it was super! We played board and card games, talking all the while. I got to see Manta, her dog, and Robin, her cat, once again! They were just as cute as I had remembered them, with Manta jumping on me in excitement (just like Ella does!) and "Popsku" stroking against my feet all the time, and coming to me when I called him. And Aino was also happy to see me, and of course, the feeling was reciprocal. ☺

We drank a lot of tea that day, from Rainbow's vanilla tea with milk and honey, to the many Clipper teas she has deliberately collected, including the Earl Grey loose leaf tea. It inspired me to start some kind of amazing collecting of my own, I just don't know yet what it would be, haha! Will it be Nescafé coffee capsules, tea like Aino's, pins, or what? If you like, you guys and gals can always recommend something to me, or tell me about your own collections!
I was completely astonished and awe-struck when seeing Aino's tea collection, so I had to take a picture of it with my phone (as I, in my everyday morning hurry, forgot to pack the camera) - and believe me, the following picture doesn't do her collection any justice, as it is really a whole freaking lot bigger than this:



Three selfies were taken on my phone, but because on the third one we looked like complete freaks, I didn't want to scare you off with it... so here you have two better selfies!

no makeup duo

slightly silly faces duo

And of course, little Robin was also photographed!





So maybe I haven't been collecting tea like Aino, but I've been collecting facts about our dearest friends - cats! I'm going to give you 15 cat facts every now and then, and I will post the sources when the last facts are up. I've had lots of fun collecting them! But why am I doing this? To give you all a view into the life of our beloved kitties, in the scientific aspect, because yeah, science! ;)
I hope you enjoy these first fifteen, prepare to see much of them in the future! ☺

Facts About Cats: Part I
  • Cats sleep 16-18 hours a day.
  • The word cat refers to a family of meat-eating animals that include lions, tigers, leopards and panthers.
  • Your cat grooms you as a way of showing xir trust and affection, just like she would do with her littermates – they also like the taste of salt on your skin!
  • Another way of cats showing that they trust you, is when they snore, blink their eyes slowly, or roll on their back.
  • You ever wondered why your kitten sleeps so much? It's because their growth hormone is released only during sleep.
  • Dogs make about 10 different sounds, while cats make about 100.
  • Cats have true fur, which means they both have an undercoat and an outercoat.
  • Cats usually respond better to women than to men.
  • They have 30 teeth (12 incisors, 10 premolars, 4 canines and 4 molars).
  • A cat taken far from its home can return to it, but if a cat's owners move far from its home, the cat can't find them.
  • The cat has 500 skeletal muscles.
  • Cats dream when they enter into deep sleep – just like humans do – though they prefer to nap.
  • Cats sweat only through their paws.
  • A cat is able to gauge your mood, meaning a change in your mood might change your cat's mood as well.
  • Many cats (mostly indoor cats) cannot properly digest cow's milk, as milk products can give them diarreha.
It's time for the Lunar Festival in Azeroth! I have to say, I have never ever been online when it's time for this glorious event, but this time I have, with retail WoW, been exploring the places where the elders gather under pale moonlight and magnificent fireworks light the skies...



Jíllìan was already in the dwarf city of Ironforge when I logged in, which was just perfect! There were emissaries around the gates, who suggested Jíllìan would go talk to the Lunar Festival Harbinger in the Mystic Ward. Personally, I love The Mystic Ward of Ironforge the most, as it's such an enchanting place in contradiction to the rest of the bold city build into a mountain. So Jíllìan, after talking to this friendly night elf, headed that way...



...and found another night elf, the herald she was looking for. This one wanted Jíllìan to light up some fireworks, which must have been her most fun thing to do so far!



But before that, there was an elder she wanted to speak to:



Now onto fireworks! Jíllìan was very excited of her very first time of setting off fireworks, and I surely will take her another time there as well!



Here's a video clip of the show!



After she was done with her quest (which didn't feel like a quest at all, it was much more fun than that!) she took her Lunar Festival Invitation she got from completing the task, and teleported herself to Moonglade. There she finally spoke to the final person she had to speak to, before going to her next destination.








What's the next destination? Using her Hearthstone, Jíllìan got back home to Stormwind! There the sight was pretty identical to what she had seen in Ironforge, and this time she decided to speak to a commoner who told her more about the Lunar Festival and Moonglade, and "if that's too far for you to travel". This inspired Jíllìan and I to go to the gates of the human city and teleport back to Moonglade for further exploration, which I will sadly not have the energy to include here.



But first, let's be all majestic with the festival banner as a backdrop!


I'll catch up with Jíllìan's adventures later on, on Valentine's Day (or "Love is in the Air" as it's called in Jíllìan's homeworld) at the latest!

To finish of these news from Jíllìan's side of Azeroth, here's a GIF of her excitement when in Moonglade for the very first time! ☺


Some days ago, when I was heading to Helsinki, I figured out I needed to try out Napalm Records's female fronted symphonic metal bands. That's the story how I found Amberian Dawn! They are a Finnish (yes, it was a huuuuge surprise to me!!) band that play power/symphinic metal, just the kind I like the most! They've had two singers, Heidi (former) and Capri (current). Capri is a Finnish singer who sings "iskelmä" (adult pop music, yes, we have a special word for that here!), which takes the band's music to a whole new level! Heidi was more of a Tarja Turunen-type of singer, who reached high with her voice, enhancing the songs with her voice alone. I have an extremely hard time deciding who my favourite of the two are, so I guess I like them both in many different ways!

Here's my favourite song with Heidi:



And here's my fave with Capri:

What do you think? I think they are a fine addition to the music I put every time at the end of every post!

I've been sleeping in the Cat Studio this whole week, and I have slept very well! It's always delightful to hear the purring of kitties as you drift to sleep! ☺
Bimbo has been my guardian as I've slept, sleeping on my back himself... He must have grown very fond of my sheets, I guess? ☺


















Some electrician came to fix something in our house a while back, and that's why my father had set a piece of ladders next to the kitchen and the living room. And guess who went straight away to explore? ☺














Emi has been watching the kids in the kindergarten next to our house, but has probably figured out the business here, with Ella around, is quite much the same as there... She watched Ella watching her, not really knowing what to do, for a long, long while!


























And when you couldn't think of any more mischief Emi would do, this happens: food theft!






























She's also been missing her greatest toy - the Christmas tree! That's why we've caught her sleeping on the mat of the tree (which she certainly defines as her spot) which was left over when we put away the Christmas decorations. I believe it's the smell that does it, that's why she's been eager to go to the sauna after we've had sauna scent smelling like the forest in there!


















In the sauna, permission given by Queen Elsa ☺




And Elsa has been - where else? - in the sauna, beautifying herself! (Which was quite funny, and smart of her, as when I went in with my camera, the sunlight reflected her natural beauty perfectly!)








You've probably seen it before, but one can never get enough of Elsa's royally comfortable spot in the Cat Studio...






Here we have all three in one, ready to get food!

















And here we have each of them sleeping, before and after their dinner was served:






















Whoa, what a whole lots of content! It was a pleasure to do a big post once again! ☺
Thank you for your time, I hope you liked your stay! Remember I'm always super grateful for every +1 and comment I get - knowing you like what I post keeps me going!

Hope to see you all soon again!
Bye! ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment

134. One last change...

Hey everybody! Before you ask: I know. I am just as surprised as you are, that I returned to my ex - Google Blogger. While I would never ...