Friday 29 April 2016

101. Chasing the sunset

Hey y'all!

I've been away again, but the main reason there, on why I've been away is that I have been fighting with WordPress, another blogging platform. I have dreamed of another, more "professional" blog platform, so I thought it'd be great to expand and transfer my blog over there. But after a longer while of struggling and being confused with how many freaking limitations there are, I thought that WP was not for me... and Blogger, my love, she's the one! So I am still here, blogging with Blogger, the easiest and limitation-free site I know. And I won't change it, for an extended while to come. ☺

Okay - we're off to other things!
Like the title says, I literally chased the sunset some nights ago. Mum pointed out how beautiful a sunset there was, and I got to my feet from the sofa immediately. I had been outside earlier, reading Prospero's Children and drinking hot chocolate - by 'earlier' I mean literally five to ten minutes prior to coming inside. I glanced outside, then stared and admired its beauty... for three seconds max, before I, in my pajamas and bathrobe and slippers, ran outside with the camera and started photographing like crazy! Mum had imagined I'd say on the porch, but without further thinking I ran past the nursery school and football field, almost to the vocational school near us - and once there, I photographed, photographed and photographed! Here are the results, which display the sun's last breaths almost as beautifully as they did in real life! ☺










My father got kind of angry at Emi a few days back, as she is peeing everywhere and every time she gets the chance. It might be something in her kidneys that she associates peeing in her toilet with pain, so Dad has planned on calling the vet when he gets the chance. The kitties were locked in the Elsa Studio for some nights, and oh how disappointed they were! From early morning to late night they meowed and sang their sad little songs - "oh we never, ever get the taste of freedom" and "why are we never ever fed?". I took the chance to visit them one night, and see for myself how they were doing. And boy were they bitter! Elsa was just sitting on the sofa-bed with Bimbo a few, ten centimeters away (both had their "serious and pissed" -looks on simultaneously) and Emi was meowing, "why, why, whyyy???". They were supremely confused, but enjoyed my company! Here are some pictures I took there:
























Also, Ella the Dog got a haircut on Wednesday! I had a free period from school and got home to drink coffee, and when I saw her come home with my Dad... Oh dear how I squealed, of a pure overdose of cuteness! I can't even begin to tell you how cute she was, with her somewhat bald hair and big, fluffy ears, so here's a picture... or a few! ☺






Isn't she adorable? Mum and I went for a walk in the evening sun with her, and I took videos with our camera, so there will definitely be a video up in the near future!

There were also coltsfoots growing in the sun, and of course I just had to photograph a few!






So the struggle with WordPress has been the major thing I've been doing besides photographing, regarding Symphonicats. I will most probably be vlogging again this weekend, as many times I've tried and I haven't been even content with any of them... truly hoping this weekend will change it!

This weekend it's also First of May, which is heavily celebrated at least here in Finland. We're eating a brunch on Sunday and going to a May-market in Tikkurila on either Saturday or Sunday, like we did last year. Remember the home-made fudge? Yeah, I can't wait. ☺

I promised in my last post that the blog posts would be rich in content - I believe they are, somewhat, but are they enough? If you have any blog post ideas, please let me know in the comment section! I love hearing from you!

This night I probably will be brainstorming blog topic ideas, just to get that promise fulfilled, and maybe drink some tea and read on the porch. It had been raining all day every day the whole week, and yesterday the rain got into a downpour in the evening! It was cosy, except for that it started just as I got home from Helsinki! I had been visiting Ateneum all alone, and had enjoyed a drawing session in the cafe afterwards. It was a lovely day, although the rain - but on the other hand, wasn't the rain a cosy little finishing touch to the day? Pinning things on Pinterest in the bed, while listening to the rain dancing on the rooftop... it was truly amazing!

I hope the next few days are going to be sunny! How about Your plans for the weekend; the First of May? What have you thought to celebrate this weekend?☺

Alright, I'll see you all soon!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

134. One last change...

Hey everybody! Before you ask: I know. I am just as surprised as you are, that I returned to my ex - Google Blogger. While I would never ...